This is the first Calvary Chapel planted and started in Pakistan with the help and coordination of Saving Grace World Missions, a ministry of Calvary Chapel Saving Grace. Nadeem Massey is the pastor of Calvary Chapel Pakistan, who has been serving as a local missionary in Pakistan with Saving Grace World Mission since 2008.
Initially it was started as outreach mission, Biblical seminars and Bible studies at different locations in the town and around. And with the passage of time God led and helped Pastor Nadeem Massey to plant Calvary Chapel at two different locations where regular Sunday services and Bibles studies are going on.
CC Pak is a Bible based and Christ centered church fully focused on laboring in the Word of God. We are “Simply Teaching the Word Simply”, and we are determined to share and teach the “Whole Counsel of God” to our congregations and Bible study groups. We teach the word of God in expository manner, verse by vers, chapter by chapter and book by book. Calvary Chapel Pakistan is also working to produce sound Biblical teaching resources in Urdu language through translation, writing and Audio/Video recordings.
CC Pak has an outreach ministry led by Mr. Joseph Arif (Assistant Pastor) through which we are reaching some very remote areas and very disadvantaged and oppressed Christians like Brick Makers who are leading a life of slavery. These people are being encouraged and strengthened through the regular teaching of the Word of God. Women’s Ministry is led by Pastor Massey’s wife Farah Massey and her co-laborer Monica Gill to reach women in the villages to encourage them in the Lord through teaching them Bible and providing them platform and opportunities to learn sewing knitting skills. The Youth ministry is led by Pastor Massey where different groups are reached and taught Bible in order to equip them to be true and strong Christians and powerful witness of Jesus Christ our Lord.
What We Believe
Calvary Chapel has been formed as a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Our supreme desire is to know Christ and to be conformed into His image by the power of the Holy Spirit.
• We believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, that the Bible, Old and New Testaments, are the inspired, infallible Word of God.
• We believe God is eternally existent in three separate persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• We believe God the Father is the personal, transcendent, and sovereign creator of all things. We believe Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, that He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, provided for the atonement of our sins by His vicarious death on the cross, was bodily resurrected by the power of the Holy Spirit, ascended back to the right hand of the Father, and ever lives to make intercession for us. After Jesus ascended to heaven, He poured out His Holy Spirit on the believers in Jerusalem, enabling them to fulfill His command to preach the Gospel to the entire world, an obligation shared by all believers today.
• We believe all people are by nature separated from God and are responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption, and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. When a person repents of sin and accepts Jesus Christ as personal Savior and Lord, trusting Him to save, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all his/her sins are forgiven, and that person becomes a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
• We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit mentioned in the Scriptures, and that they are valid for today if exercised within scriptural guidelines.
• We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13-14, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).
• We await the pre-tribulation rapture of the church, and we believe that the second coming of Christ with His saints to rule on the earth will be personal, premillennial, and visible. This motivates us to holy living, heartfelt worship, committed service, diligent study of God’s Word, regular fellowship, and participation in adult baptism by immersion and Holy Communion.